by Stacey Hammett
If your child is in 3rd, 5th, or 8th grade and your child has not had SAT testing this year, I can administer the PIAT test which is one of the approved tests by the state. The PIAT test takes about 60 - 90 minutes to complete.
- Covers math, reading, spelling, reading comprehension, and writing
- Can be given to any student, Kindergarten through high school
- Administered one on one
- One of the approved tests accepted by the state to meet the law's requirement for homeschool testing in grades 3, 5, and 8
- Though the test is short and does not give a lot of information, the results do correlate well with more thorough tests, such as the Stanford Achievement Test or the PSSA. Most homeschooling parents already know how their child is doing and do not feel they need detailed results.
- About a week after the test you will receive a personalized three-page report summarizing and explaining the test results
- Fee for administering the PIAT-R – $45
- The format of the test is multiple-choice from flashcards. The math section includes more math concepts, interpretation of graphs, and solving of story problems than the WRAT test did.